IISC is Hiring!April 19, 2018 Leave a comment
IISC is pleased to offer the following two opportunities for qualified candidates. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Please scroll down to review IISC’s values and for details about each position.
- Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator
- Associate Director of Training & Capacity Building
Our values are as important as the skills you will provide to our organization. These values guide IISC in our work internally and externally:
- We believe that social change is possible when three key elements are attended to: shared power and equity, network building, and love as a force for social change
- We believe that transformative leadership is the kind of leadership we need in the 21st century
- We believe in people’s right to be involved in the decisions that affect them so that they have influence over the quality of their lives
- We believe in the dignity of all human beings and in taking care of our planet so that we can all live healthy lives and our communities can thrive
Associate Director of Training & Capacity Building Description:
IISC has a long history of offering public workshops and trainings with clients in addition to designing and facilitating change processes for organizations and networks. We now seek a skilled individual to join our team as we develop our training in line with our racial equity and collaborative change strategy. IISC is 25 years young; we bring experience and flexibility as we operate at the intersection of networks, collaboration, and equity, striving for loving community in all that we do.
The Associate Director of Training & Capacity Building will be responsible for strategy, program planning and implementation of IISC’s trainings and public offerings. The Associate Director will bring energy, ideas and experience to ensure that IISC is bringing the best leadership, collaboration and equity learning to social change practitioners.
Strategy & Program Development
- Develop and share a vision and plan for training and capacity building in alignment with IISC values, capabilities and 2018-2020 strategy.
- Establish financial strategy for the training & capacity building program that meets IISCs goals for the program’s contribution to the overall budget
- Work with IISC’s Delivery Staff (Senior Associates & Affiliates) to determine training strategies and modalities to achieve target outcomes.
- Facilitate the development of new courses/products/trainings/transformational leadership offerings, both in person and virtual, in coordination with Senior Associates & Affiliates.
- Build the current Licensed Client program, creating a vision, financial goals and marketing strategy.
Management & Program Implementation
- Manage day to day operations (including programmatic strategies, goals & objectives, public workshop implementation oversight, client communications, and financial goals)
- Manage day to day operations of all training and capacity building staff, including supervising IISC trainers, training coordinator and interns.
- Supervise and facilitate the development of training programs, curricula and materials for workshops and presentations.
- Work with training coordinator & operations staff to manage records and training-related CRM
- Standardize training material design and production
Marketing & Business Development
- Lead the achievement of revenue targets for training and capacity building programs
- Develop business development and marketing strategies and materials for training and capacity building offerings in coordination with Business Development Manager, Director of Practice, Marketing Consultant and Senior Associates
- Conduct sales and scoping calls and develop scopes for key training clients
- Network/Build relationships to develop new clientele and training opportunities
- Thought Leadership (blogging, speaking, interviews etc.)
- Work directly with marketing and business development staff to assess the needs of training clients and related market demands (including regional markets)
Training & Capacity Building Delivery
- Design and deliver key trainings
Learning & Professional Development
- Ensure the systematic recruitment, development and training of all trainers/delivery staff in existing and new material and pedagogy
- Oversee evaluation and continuous improvement of core public trainings
We’re looking for an innovative, self starter who loves experimenting and is willing to look at things in new ways in order to challenge the status quo. If you’re someone who sees things that could be and asks, “why not?”, then we think you’d be a great fit. Here are some of the other things that we think would be a great fit for our organization and this role:
- A facilitative leader who is able to use great communication skills to foster collaboration with team members, partners and clients to make decisions and advance our collective goals.
- Someone with experience in training and capacity building especially related to leadership, organizational change, adult learning, facilitation, racial justice, network building, curriculum design, systems thinking, design thinking, public engagement, collaboration skills etc.
- Someone with the ability to manage and lightly coordinate 20-25 trainers with the support of a Project Coordinator who is dedicated to Training & Capacity Building.
- Someone with a good grasp of financial strategy/budget management.
- Someone who is attentive to transformative practice, self-care, and balance
- Someone who has deep love for social and racial justice as well as curiosity/insight about the social change sector and what social change leaders need in the 21st century to prepare them for carrying the important work ahead of us.
- Someone with a commitment to continuous learning, improvement, and evaluation.
We understand that no one person will have all of these characteristics so in the application and interview process we’re interested to hear which of these characteristics most connect to your strengths.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Boston, MA)
The Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (based on Boston, MA) is a passionate and collaborative individual committed to social justice and racial equity who will work to support the smooth and efficient operations of the Interaction Institute of Social Change (IISC) Board of Directors, President and Leadership Team. In addition, they will support and coordinate key organizational meetings and assist with special projects to support IISC leadership. They will handle scheduling for the IISC President and IISC Senior Associates (currently five lead consultants and trainers) in the United States. Lastly, they will manage small or discrete client projects requiring coordination.
The Executive Assistant should have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, working with undefined and shifting priorities, and diverse people with many different backgrounds.
The role requires these competencies:
- Excellent organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong relational and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with sensitivity to differing communication styles.
- Strong critical thinking skills necessary to analyze complex information and situations and solve problems.
- Ability to adapt to new technology quickly and contribute to improving the way IISC uses multiple modes of technology.
- Strong typing skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Experience supporting executive leaders is required.
- Experience with boards of directors a plus.
- Minimum of five years of related, progressively responsible work experience, including extensive scheduling and meeting management experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and brief cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
IISC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.