Facilitative Leadership for Social Change
Lead in a way that inspires, invites participation, and builds commitment
Many of us in the social sector are struggling with how to handle the complexity that we face in our work. Effective leadership in these times is not about striving to control what is uncontrollable; rather, it is about creating the conditions for groups, teams, organizations, and communities to effectively and creatively cope with threats and leverage opportunities for greater social impact. Facilitative Leadership for Social Change is grounded in the belief that today’s leaders must inspire and create conditions that enable others to be their best in the pursuit of shared goals. This includes making it easy for others to offer their unique perspectives and talents, speak up when they have problems, take initiative, make appropriate decisions, work with others, and share responsibility for the health of the team, organization, or community.
Facilitative Leadership for Social Change develops practical collaborative skills and tools for tapping the creativity, experience, and commitment of staff and colleagues and provides participants with a forum in which to explore their challenges and aspirations as leaders. At the heart of the workshop are powerful leadership practices that, when fully embraced, create the conditions for people to move together from vision to action in extraordinary new ways. You will leave with:
1. Practical frameworks, skills and tools to:
- See systems by analyzing a situation from a systems perspective in order to leverage transformational change
- Seek maximum appropriate involvement of key stakeholders in order to make well informed decisions and build commitment to successful implementation
- Facilitate agreement across diverse perspectives in order to generate breakthrough decisions and actions
- Focus on results, process, and relationship in order to ensure sustainable success
- Discover shared meaning in order to build alignment for concerted action
- Design meeting agendas that achieve high levels of results, process, and relationship satisfaction
2. An appreciation of how your interior condition (heartset and mindset) serves as a foundation for intentional leadership.
This opportunity is ideal for non-profit executives, program directors, community-based leaders, foundation officers, and change agents of all kinds.
$700 Nonprofit | $1,075 Foundation
IISC also has a three-day version of Facilitative Leadership for Social Change that includes some additional content and can be offered to a group by special arrangement. Please contact us for more information!
If you have questions about our workshops and/or the workshop registration process, please review these FAQs. If after doing so your question remains unanswered, we’d be happy to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.